Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home. We ask that the responsible adult remain at Valley Oral & Facial Surgery until the patient is ready to go home.
- If the patient is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany them to the appointment to sign the consent form for surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with prior to your surgical date for instructions
What are others saying about us?
"After today’s appointment at Riverside Dental, I required services of Valley Oral. I had been referred to them once before and was confident they would remedy my issue. I was immediately walked over, updated paperwork, answered questions and introduced to a caring, professional staff and Dr Tanabe. My procedure required anesthesia and it was handled superbly. My sincere thanks to Dr Tanabe and his employees for their diligence. They reviewed instructions before I left, called in prescription and gave me medical supplies. I found them just as courteous on my way out as they had been to receive me."
"I recently experienced oral surgery by Dr. Peterson and his outstanding team at Valley Oral Surgery in Grand Forks, ND. From the moment I walked in the doorway of the surgery center and throughout my procedure and follow up visits I greeted by staff that demonstrated passion for the work that they do. I was given a detailed plan of care with instructions, risks, benefits and expected outcomes for my procedure. Their attention details was comforting! Valley Oral’s team works collaboratively to deliver skilled, professional and compassionate care. Overall it was an excellent experience. I highly recommend Dr. Peterson and his entire team."